Add me as a friend on facebook, so you can message me to tell me what I need to work on, or blog about.

Invite others to "Grow [their] Faith"


Friday, January 14, 2011

Faith in Jesus Christ

Another Guest Writer, Elder Knowles; He is an incredible missionary, so humble and willing to do what the Lord asks him. As you are reading his testimony, think about how you feel. These words carry the spirit, because of the truthfullness of them.

I often find myself thinking about the faith I have in Jesus Christ and what that really means.  Faith is an action word.  Faith is a "do".  I once thought that faith was merely to believe and then just let things happen as they will.  I have since learned that faith means to do all that we can as the Lord helps us in our journey.  I know that He can change us and help us to grow if we will have faith and then exercise that faith.  I've seen that the Savior strenghtens me in my faith as I  read the scriptures, pray and keep the commandments that He has given to me to live.  It is not always the easiest thing but He keeps me strong. 

Our faith is constantly being challenged.  It can be challenged by temptation to sin or by someone that tell us that what we believe is wrong and foolish, or there could be one of those obstacles that just seems impossible to overcome. Our Heavenly Father is very aware of us in these situations and He gave us His son so that we would be able to use His Atonement in our lives to help us rise above these challenges.  The Savior said," If ye have faith in me, ye will have power to do whatever thing that is expedient unto me."  (Moroni 7:33).  I often think in this verse when I am fronted the next seemingly unsurmountable hurdle to give me strength to jump and continue on in the race of life.  I know that the Savior lives.  I am very grateful for His Atonement and I know that he will continue to strengthen us as we press forward with our faith steadfast in Him.

No comments: