Add me as a friend on facebook, so you can message me to tell me what I need to work on, or blog about.

Invite others to "Grow [their] Faith"


Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Why do we forget God?

I find it so amazing the things that cause us to lose faith in our creator, and why we lose such faith.--If you are one of those who has lost their faith, don't stop reading. This isn't going to throw punches at you. Just read with an open mind.--When we are children, we believe in the
miraculous. People can tell us anything, and we are drawn to the things
that sound exciting and fantastical. We believe the things our parents, our teachers, and others tell us. Our knowledge is basic.                                                                                     
As we grow older, we seem to grow wiser, putting away childish beliefs, and try to find truth. But, some seem to set aside God and his miracles, as a part of that childishness.

If you have met me, I am a doubter. I have the reasoning behind things, or I won't accept it. I need several references for me to even accept your point. There needs to be more evidence supporting you, than that which is supporting me. Plain and simple, that's how I like it.

So maybe, if you have given up on God, you might be asking, "Why then does this kid believe in God? He sounds intelligent (you can tell I wrote this), Why would he believe such a fairy tale?" Without the intelligent part, many people actually have asked me this. There is nothing harder to explain, than how you know God exists. But, luckily there are wise men who have given it a shot.

In the Epistle to the Hebrews Paul Talks about the evidenciary support God gives of his own existence. Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

"What? That proves nothing, you just tricked yourself into believing, with this stupid term Faith." Whoa! Hey now... There's no need to get upset, let me explain. I was born in to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  All my family for generations back are LDS, and we are termed "pioneer stock". So I have quite a tradition of Mormonism in my family. But, is that why I believe the way I do? Would I simply accept a way of life, because that is how my family has lived?

The simple answer is No.  I didn't.  I didn't hold true to what my family had taught me. I was prodigal, as the scriptures refer to those wayward sons. I left what my family taught, and I didn't have a testimony. Even after all those years of attending church, Sunday school, seminary, young men's, scouting, firesides and every other organization that the church offers. I attended them regularly. But, I didn't have a testimony. My testimony of the truth of this church, and the reality of our Savior Jesus Christ, and God the Father of our spirits, came when I started to live the way that all of these organizations were teaching.

I knew when I exercised faith. I started to live the standards, which was not easy. When I did so, Joy entered my heart. I felt of the power of the atonement of Jesus Christ, and I knew that what I have been taught was all true. Since then, I have strengthened my testimony in every area. It has not been easy. I think that's why it is called a Testimony, those are the things that we know, through the Tests we put it through.

So, what is my concluding remark that ties this all back to the title? Don't forget God. If something tragic happens in your life, it is not because there is no God. Start doing the things that the scriptures teach to do, and you will have peace enter your heart. You will learn of the great mercy God truly has for each and every one of us. I love my Heavenly Father, and I pray that you too will get that way. Pray to him, act on the things he tells you, and Grow your Faith.

No comments: