Add me as a friend on facebook, so you can message me to tell me what I need to work on, or blog about.

Invite others to "Grow [their] Faith"


Thursday, March 10, 2011

United we Stand, Divided we Fall


What happens when faiths fight?
Why do people belittle others' beliefs?
When did God command us to hate our enemies, and do evil to those that hate us, and spitefully use us?


Through the last couple of years, I have met a lot of people from different religions, whether on their doorstep, on the street, online. Many of them, even if they weren't interested were very kind, and even thanked me and my companions for the work that we are doing. Pastors and Preachers from Baptist, Catholic, and Presbyterian churches, have received me with Christian kindness, and shared with me their journey of faith.

There have been some though, who have not been friendly, who have been hostile, and combative toward me and my brothers, and have not received us with kindness, but mocked, bashed, and attacked our beliefs.

Though both groups of people didn't doctrinally agree with us, one group had faith, and were still working towards coming closer to Christ. They showed Christian love, and fellowshipped with us. The other group though devout in their faith as they might have been, were led to treat us contrary to Christ's commands.

I write this because we as a people need to stand together. We cannot be separated from each other because we don't believe the same. "We claim the privilege of worshiping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience, and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may." Articles of Faith 11

Let us obey God's commandments and love one another, no matter what we believe.

2 comments:

Sister Brittany Nestman said...

We do need to come together. Though different, we all have one solid belief in good. Amazing call out to the faithful in the world Elder.

Rachel Griggs said...

Hey Elder Hancock, I posted this on my wall on facebook yo! Spreading the mission love on facebook!