Add me as a friend on facebook, so you can message me to tell me what I need to work on, or blog about.

Invite others to "Grow [their] Faith"


Friday, September 2, 2011

Cold Summers


Have you been cold recently?
It's summer for most people, but here in Fortuna, CA the summer highs are around 60 F. That makes for cold mornings.
What do you do when you are cold?

Source

For most of us, we bundle up, and get near something warm. Whether a heater, a fire, or maybe an oven cooking chocolate chip cookies.



About 2 years ago, before I came on my mission, my life was pretty cold. It seemed that everything in my life was falling apart. My girlfriend dumped me, my twin got a girlfriend (which meant he stopped talking to me.) and everyone friends and family, seemed a little too busy to care what happened to me. During that time I was cold.

Throughout my life, I have had the source of warmth around me. I grew up knowing about Jesus Christ, going to church, and even participating in church activities. I have had 7 great siblings, helping me and keeping me on the right path and two wonderful parents, who would do everything for me. I had always been around other fires. As I was left alone, cold, forsaken, I shivered missing the warmth. As I gazed at my life, I realized what I was missing and what I needed.

This fire, is the Love of God. It is manifest as we accept it. It can grow just as a fire can, as we put more kindling, and logs etc. Building our relationship with our Heavenly Father is simple enough. As we grow in our Faith in Jesus Christ, Repent and change, are Baptized, and recieve the Holy Ghost more into our lives, then our fire burns brighter.

Are you cold?
Do you know anyone who is cold?
http://mormon.org/missionaries/

1 comment:

Sister Brittany Nestman said...

I just love how Heavenly Father can give us the warmth we need no matter how cold we are. There's been a few times in my life where I have felt like I was walking away from the fire, from the warmth. But the fire was always there. Ready for me to come back and receive of it's warmth.