Add me as a friend on facebook, so you can message me to tell me what I need to work on, or blog about.

Invite others to "Grow [their] Faith"


Thursday, September 22, 2011

I just want an easier way

"I just want an easier way!"


Have you ever thought this to yourself?
I know I have, even today.  I think it is natural to want to have things go smoothly without having to worry or work to keep them going in that way.

What would happen if we just chose the easier way all the time?

 Alright, I want you to look at this river. It is the Eel River, taken from a bridge driving about 35 mph. What do you notice about it? One of the first things I noticed about this river was that it was very twisty. This is just one side of it. It zigs and zags going across sand bars, around trees and under bridges (obviously) and keeps flowing and flowing.

The River chose the easiest way. Just imagine if the river chose a direct path from its source to its destination. The river would be quicker, deeper and more powerful. But if it just chooses to wrap around like this little one did, it will waste momentum, and energy, and won't be able to fulfill its purposes quite as well.

So are things going hard for you? I submit that is good! Keep pushing. Just as the Colorado river carved a great canyon in the earth (over a mile deep in some areas), if we are diligent in being our best, no matter how hard it is, we will be able to make a great impact.

"Convenience is not in the vocabulary of a disciple of Jesus Christ."
-President Bunker-





No comments: