Add me as a friend on facebook, so you can message me to tell me what I need to work on, or blog about.

Invite others to "Grow [their] Faith"


Saturday, December 11, 2010

"Carest thou not that we perish?"

"Carest thou not that we perish?" Mark 4:38 Who heard these words? The savior and redeemer of the world, the one who suffered, bled, and died for every one of us. He who cared enough "to go forth suffering pains, afflictions and temptations of every kind" (emphasis added) Alma 7:11, heard these words from those who were closest to Him, in His earthly life.
I have also heard these words0--not with such anchient grammar--but I too have suffered this harsh judgement of "You just don't care." from those I do truly care about.
I know just as most children, I have said to my parents, "You don't love me." Or "You're just doing this because you hate me." The list goes on and on!
What is my point in bringing this up? It's the teaching that Christ did after he heard these words from his beloved apostles. After he arose, and rebuked the wind and said unto the sea "Peace be still" He said simply, "How are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith?" Mark 4:40
Believe that your parents love you. Believe that Christ loves you! Have faith that everything he commands is for your good. "Be not faithless but believing!" John 20:27

Scripture links provided by http://lds.org/ also http://mormon.org/

No comments: