Add me as a friend on facebook, so you can message me to tell me what I need to work on, or blog about.

Invite others to "Grow [their] Faith"


Friday, April 1, 2011

Building Our Lives

A great Missionary Elder Jones is with me today, as my temporary companion. He has some great insights about something that is coming up this weekend. Take a glance, and take his challenge. I know it will help!


As of late I have started over my reading of the Book of Mormon and came across many things that never have struck me before. One of the passages did just that struck me, and is found in the book of 1st Nephi chapter 18. As I read the scriptures I try and apply the things that are being taught to myself, and to my surprise this was an easy one to relate, not only to me but to all those that read this. It all begins in verse 1 and it says:

1. And it came to pass that they did aworship the Lord, and did go forth with me; and we did work timbers of curious bworkmanship. And the Lord did show me from time to time after what manner I should work the timbers of the cship.

Nephi tells us that from time to time the lord did show unto him how to build the ship, the same ship that would take he and his family to the promise land, now I took the ship and replaced it as my life and how from time to time the lord shows me how to build my life. Now stop and think of all the ways that the lord shows us from time to time how to build our ships. Yes, we have the scriptures and we have revelation that is given to us, but we don't always think of one of the most important ways.That important way being, GENERAL CONFERENCE!!! This is one of the most amazing things that has ever happened to this earth, a way for the world to continue receiving revelation from God and Jesus Christ. We often take too lightly the importance of all of this, this is our Savior Jesus Christ showing us from time to time just as he did Nephi how to build our lives in such a way that we can return to our Heavenly Father. Now Verse 2 says:

2. Now I, Nephi, did not work the timbers after the manner which was learned by men, neither did I build the ship after the manner of men; but I did build it after the manner which the Lord had shown unto me; wherefore, it was not after the manner of men.

Now take this and think about it, anything, any struggle or problem there is in life there is a solution to that problem in the world. On the other hand, with General Conference, as stated in Verse 2, we can learn how to build our lives up by the manner of the Lord, that same manner that helped Nephi build a boat that stood against the waves and storms of the sea. I can promise you all that if you seek this weekend during General Conference for a way to build your life up in the manner of the Lord, problems that you are facing will have a new light shed upon them. A light that will lead you to solve the problem and bring you closer to your Savior Jesus Christ and Heavenly father.

So tune in. General Conference

No comments: