Add me as a friend on facebook, so you can message me to tell me what I need to work on, or blog about.

Invite others to "Grow [their] Faith"


Monday, April 11, 2011

Did you remember to say thank you?

Guest Blogger: Elder Walker from Detroit, Michigan area.

How often do good things come about to us? I'm not talking about getting free new stuff, but the little things, when taken away affects us the most.

How great is it to have a family, friends, a place to live, a job to work, use of our minds and body, a faith in Jesus Christ? Many of these things are very important to us, but often times go unoticed. In some cases I see that we often times find ourselves complaining about these things, how they don't make the cut. "Oh, so-and-so looked at me funny... I don't get paid enough to stand here.... I wish I could do a slam dunk... etc" There are many different things people complain about, but no matter the complaint, the following statement, "Then, I will be happy" follows.

The time I have to write here is limited. But think about all the small things that often go unnoticed. Yes, you may have a friend that did something to upset you. But what about the time that they were there to comfort you when you were feeling down? You drive a 'Detroit's-Finest' hooptie with a smash fender and its hard to look at, but what a blessing is it that it still continues to run! All these things are just common examples of the blessings we recieve from heaven each day. Now, how many of us remember to pray and give thanks?

I invite you to get down on your knees and do that! Here's a talk teaching more about gratitude.

http://lds.org/general-conference/2010/10/the-divine-gift-of-gratitude?lang=eng&query=Gratitude

No comments: